He should have said very little, but have someone else give the details and released a written statement detailing the high lights of the Executive Order. Sometimes it’s how you inform people, the wording and who does the talking that counts more than the actual action itself.
POTUS: Could have said, I made a promise that I would keep America safe, and to that end, I have spoken with many top officials in DHS, military personal involved in vetting refugees, and have come to the conclusion that we need to review our procedures and policies. We have all heard the news reports that in conversation with certain government officials in the CIA and FBI that we cannot be sure if a person has ties to a terrorist organization or not. Our people overseas have done an unbelievable job, under the most difficult conditions in reviewing the applications of people wanting to come to this country. As President Obama did in 2011 when he stopped immigration from Iraq for six months in order to review our procedures, I am going to use his list of seven countries with strong ties to terrorist organizations, or are allowing such organizations to operate in the open in their country or are unable to stop such organizations to use their country as a military base, and temporarily stop immigration for a period of 120 days.
While I feel the pain these refugees are suffering, and I know how anxious they are to begin their new lives here in America, I cannot risk that some who desire to do us harm may slip in because we are not examining our systems. I am also ordering the review in order to find out if we can shorten the time it takes to complete the vetting process. Currently, 1 1/2 to 2 years is necessary to complete the process. I don’t want to rush to judgement, but I am asking our people to see if they can shorten the process.
This Order does not affect those with Green Cards or Work Visas and those who are already approved, but have not arrived into this country. If some applicants have extreme circumstances that require immediate processing, they will have their request reviewed on an individual basis. This is not a Ban on a religion, but on specific countries that I agree with President Obama we need to take extra special precautions before letting persons enter our Country.
I think this would have been a better approach than the one that was offered two days ago.
One of my brothers posted this TEST on Facebook. I was going to answer, but since he won’t speak to me already, I thought it best not to upset him anymore. So, take the TEST, and see if you agree with my guess.
“Take the following test. Read these 14 characteristics and guess the leader I am describing:
1. Powerful Nationalism
2. Identification of enemies as a unifying cause.
3. Supremacy of the Military
4. Rampant Sexism
5. Controlled Mass Media
6. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
7. Obsession with National Security
8. Religion and Government are intertwined
9. Corporate Power is Protected
10. Labor power is supressed
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
14. Fradulent Elections
“Political scientist Dr. Lawrence Britt wrote an article about fascism (“Fascism Anyone?,” Free Inquiry, Spring 2003, page 20). Studying the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia), and Pinochet (Chile), Dr. Britt found they all had 14 elements in common. He calls these the identifying characteristics of fascism. “
Happy Friday everyone!”
My guess: George Washington:
- Yup – he needed America to become strong and self reliant, not rely on Great Britain for any of our needs.
- Yup – he united every Colonist to rise up, take up arms and fight for our Country
- Yup – Duh, you think George figured we needed military supremacy to win the war?
- Sorry, he were old school, women didn’t fight, they loaded the guns and took care of the children – fortunately, times have changed around the world.
- Well, there wasn’t any, but I would bet if there was a newspaper that condemned our fight for Independence, George would have shut it down.
- Doesn’t really apply, but he was fighting for our human rights, and we needed to fight anyone that was against us. We fought an unconventional war, hid behind trees and shot and ran to another position; I’m sure the World viewed us as having distain for Human Rights, we didn’t fight according to the standards at the time – – –
- Yup – was George obsessed with our security, we went to War for our security.
- Yup – God appeared everywhere. He truly believed that we needed God’s help to win the war, and to be part of every aspect of our government. God is in Every document that America wrote; from Day One.
- Not too many corporations, but he did seek financial help from wealthy businessman.
- Not too sure how this might apply, we did ask for people to stop working and take up arms, we also started conscription, so, we showed military service was more important than staying at home and working.
- No, George was really interested in those area’s. Not all Fascists are exactly the same.
- Not sure what this means, did George believe in punishment that fits the crime, yes.
- Rampant, I think George relied upon people he knew and could trust. ( I think my little brother was thinking about all our current politicians).
- Does this mean that there are fraudulent elections, or does it mean paranoid about the possibility of this occurring? I think all government think about stopping voter fraud and political corruption – but not in George’s case, he didn’t want to become President, but agreed to when he was convinced that his country needed him.
So, do you agree with my guess?
As you read this article -Forget The Wall; There’s a Better Way; keep in mind they are playing politics, not telling the whole story. President Obama has tried for years to get Mexico to agree and work with the US to establish pre-clearance at the boarder, but to no avail. Perhaps if Mexico cooperated we wouldn’t even be talking about a wall. But illegal immigration benefits Mexico on many levels, so President Obama, couldn’t accomplish very much.
Different cultures that have different goals require different actions. And Action is all that counts. Talking and identifying a problem is only the first step – what is the action? We never hear of one, only that if we were nicer everyone would get along. Amazing to think that ten’s of thousands of Mexican citizens are murdered along the boarder and Mexico has done almost nothing to stop the bloodshed, except ask the United States for help. If we could stop some of the drugs form flowing into our country, that would reduce the killing because there would be less reason to “solidify” the cartel’s domains.
If building a Wall is the best action, albeit, not the perfect solution, I say Do It! Stop talking and acting like if you describe a problem that your a great leader and we should applaud your thoughts – I WANT Solutions!
I don’t know of any country in history that had a policy of Open Boarders. None. So, why is America not entitled to protect it’s boarder like every other country? The Canadian Prime Minister tweeted that “To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith,” Mr. Trudeau wrote on Twitter on Saturday afternoon. “Diversity is our strength.”
Sounds great, but that still means immigrants must meet certain standards, it’s not a free for all policy. And, I wonder what will happen after a few attacks happen in Canada? Perhaps the old saying, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” should apply.
Take a look what showed up on Yahoo News and this Blog site – worth reading and very important to understand what they are saying:
go to this link and find out what Congress Woman Tulsi Gabbard found out on her trip to Syria, and what The Conservative Tree House discovered in their investigation.
Only two full days on the Job and POTUS is rocking the world. Every tv and radio is talking about only one person, our new Prez. And that makes America relevant again. The first step to being Great Again. Sometimes I wonder if the Press really listened to him during the Primaries, he is not the usual run of the mill politician. He actually said what he would do and now he is doing it. Attacking those institutions that are hurting our country. And the Other Guys and Gals; all they can do is watch, wait and stall. That is what they know, all they know. Well, that and Santa Claus Politics. Senator Charles Schumer is a stunning example of the old way our government operated. He said he would oppose whatever The POTUS would try to do, except if he 100000% agreed. He is happy to hurt America’s progress, just so he can be in the spotlight.
Senator Charles Schumer said the vetting process needed to be full and forthright. You know, to protect the American People. Oh, we are so lucky to have him protect. With insightful questions as – which picture has more people in it. Makes me laugh. Transparent, and those of us who see what is being done just keep losing whatever little respect we have left for The Other Guys.
To Solve Problems We Need Action, Not Discussion:
So, as any business person would do, he takes action and finds solutions. My Father taught me many, many years ago: It’s easy to see a problem. NOW, the next words out of your mouth start with – “I recommend” and then state the action. What a vivid comparison between a Politician like Senator Charles Schumer and a Business Person like President Donald Trump. It could be clearer. Should make you happy that it is no longer Politicas As Usual.
Some people responded to my thoughts on this by simply stating all Illegal Immigrants should go. But, my point is more involved than that. If we look around the world we see that the most prosperous, strongest and most powerful are those with the largest populations. Consumer = Strength. Deporting millions of people that contribute to society only weakens our consumer market and that is the new power struggle. China and India are the new powers, and they have 25% of the world’s population.
Most Illegals are here to make money to send home or stay and make a new home for themselves and their families. The ebb and flow of this population rests on the availability of work in this country. Permanent Contributors are a PLUS for America.
How do we separate the wheat from the chaff, the good from the bad, the criminals from the contributors?
I think, America First means we need to be selfish and select what is best for America. Those Immigrants that will Contribute should be given a path to Citizenship. Those that we determine to be Non-Contributors should be deported. Forget about what the law says for now – what is best for America.
Eleven Million Illegals is just the estimate, I believe it’s more. Add to this the millions who are married and have children or older folks who depend upon them. I believe we are talking about 20 million Illegals. That means millions of business owners who close up shop and leave, millions of houses and apartments vacant, millions of consumers buying everyday items. And, millions of tax payers leaving. Yes, millions of Illegals have Federal Tax ID numbers – and pay taxes, both Federal, State and Local. And what about Sales Tax and other local taxes they pay. Millions in taxes. Let’s be selfish and choose who stays and who goes based upon what is good for us.
- We need to look at who these people are. Some are here and commit crimes, take public assistance and avoid paying taxes by working for cash. There is an entire society built upon “cash” and hidden workers. We see them on street corners and in front of diners. We know it but let them be. We even hire them to do work around the house because it is cheaper and easy to find them. We knowingly enable them.
- We we need to separate the Illegal Population into two groups: Criminals and Contributors.
- Illegals who has or does commit a crime, tried and convicted should be deported or jailed and then deported. Anyone who has or does not demonstrate the ability to Contribute to Society should be deported.
- Illegals who have been here for more than, for example, two years and Contribute to Society should be given a path to Citizenship. Define Contribute: Support themselves and their families (ie, steady employment); pay all required taxes (paying taxes they should have been paying); repay all public support monies they received; and then for a period of five years be on Citizen Probation – if all requirements are met, Citizen is granted.
- I’ll add that English should be our Official Language. Look up what that means and I think you’ll agree. We all need to be able to communicate with each other.
Another thought. I would have thought some slimy lawyer would have sued the US Government on behalf of all Illegal Immigrants, for Illegal Entrapment. It’s a trap! We leave our doors unlocked, advertise easy money through public assistance, a President who says he wants Illegals to stay (he won’t deport them) and they will not be arrested for any crime. Entrapment!
Bottom Line: Let’s be selfish and do what’s best for us – – – – America First!
Just a Quick Note:
Top Stories from NBC News and MSNBC
Yup. First full day on office and this is what the “News Media” is reporting. Exerts that don’t convey the full and true story. One statement out of many, and the reader is left with the impression that this is the only thoughts that he had on the Women’s March – which I’m glad to say included many, many men. He actually said it was a good part of our society that Marches like this are allowed to take place. Conway, said the next day he would release them after they are done being audited. That was said before this news was presented, so why didn’t they include that little tidbit? You know why, and it is not what a real journalist would have done. And the TPP agreement. Another big mistake for America – and if you read my prior blog about Negotiating 101 you will know why you start tough and as for more than you expect to end up with. In this case, frighten and disappoint the other side by saying, I’m out. I only lose with the current deal – so the other side had better think on something to keep us interested. When negotiating always get the other side to commit first Which now means he has put the ball in the other sides hands – they will have to make the first move. Brilliant maneuver!