Anyone who listens to and follows Donald Trump throughout his “Political Career” knows that much of what he says is the opening of a long negotiating process. He is not a politician, he actually says/tweets what he is thinking at that time. I find that refreshing and a little scary at the same time. And, he gets a little tiring along the way. Not from what he says, but I have to think about what he means and what he intends. He speaks very plainly, but behind the words are huge and significant meanings. Donald Trump is a very successful businessman. He mental state is one of always negotiating. He loves it.
People don’t get it, they just don’t get it. His detractors point to the words and get a boost by misinterpreting the meaning, on purpose – like all good politicians do. We can’t believer any of them. The President is negotiating with the Russians, Iranians, Israelis, Palestinians, Democrats, Media types, public opinion, China, and the legal system. He is positioning himself to “compromise” and win what he wants.
- Illegal Immigrants: What he says – deport every single one, and their children will have to follow. What he wants – deport illegal immigrants who have committed serious crimes (not jay walking or a misdemeanor) and offer a path to citizenship for everyone else.
- Stop imports from Mexico and other countries: What he says – I’m going to put a 35% tariff on imported goods. What he wants – give American made goods a fair chance to compete with imported products by putting reasonable tariff on them – perhaps 8%.
- The Not So “Affordable” Care Act: What he says – Repeal and replace!!!! What he means – Repeal and replace an Act that will accomplish the same results, but in a financially responsible manor.
- The Ban on Muslims: What he says – Stop immigration from these seven countries for 90 days so we can assess the effectiveness of our vetting system, which I think is not strong enough. What he should have said: I am concerned that the current vetting process we have in place may not be effective enough to protect our security from ISS infiltrators, therefore I am going to temporarily halt, for 90 days, the processing of immigration requests from the seven countries that President Obama designated as Terrorist Strongholds. Etc., Etc.
- NATO: What he says – We will not stay in NATO when other countries only want a free ride, it’s an outdated organization and we will consider leaving it. What he means – many of the other members are not paying their fair share for the cost of defense and are not sending the troops needed in a conflict. He’s just positioning himself to get a better and fairer deal for America. Poor John McCain just doesn’t get it!
- Fake News: What he says: He means, and he is usually right.
Bottom line, listen to his words, but keep in mind he is opening up a dialog to negotiate for what he thinks is best for America. He’s letting himself look silly for making America better. Too bad none of the politicians would do the same.
Terrible, horrible – – how times have changed from the Obama Administration when in 2012 over 1,000 illegal immigrants were deported each DAY! What the hell is wrong with President Trump! Can you tell me that?
I still hear TV commentators allude to the “fact” that Donald Trump won the election because he is a fear monger and people listened to him and were scared out of their wits and voted for him. Nothing could be farther from the truth. He won because of money!
Yup, MONEY! Look at the US voting map, and you can see those with jobs and enough income to live voted to keep the same old politicians in office. Those that are suffering financially voted for someone who addressed their issues. Hillary feels none of the pain American’s that can’t pay their bills feel. Even now she is totally oblivious to the millions who are afraid of their future. The only politician in the Dem’s Party is Bernie Sanders, who sort on understands, when he talked about people and money and stated, correctly, 50% of Americans near retirement age have NO significant savings. That fact scares the hell out of millions of people.
The Dem’s talk about problems, state they will fix them, get angry and emotional – and blame the other guys = = = and then it’s business as usual. Do nothing, wait until the press get’s tired of reporting the problem and then move onto the next big issue.
Dem’s state facts: the middle class is not keeping up with inflation; the middle class is shrinking; the middle class needs to be reeducated; the middle class needs more government assistance – – – – on and on; but we just had eight years of FAILURE.
- People see that the Obama Presidency didn’t help them.
- People see that Hillary didn’t even know they existed and offered nothing
- Donald Trump talked about their financial pain and offered solutions
- Even if Prez Trump is wrong, at least he will try
What did people do: I think they said to themselves: “If I can’t feed my family, put a roof over their heads and clothes on their backs – I’ll make a deal with the Devil himself if I have to”
He should have said very little, but have someone else give the details and released a written statement detailing the high lights of the Executive Order. Sometimes it’s how you inform people, the wording and who does the talking that counts more than the actual action itself.
POTUS: Could have said, I made a promise that I would keep America safe, and to that end, I have spoken with many top officials in DHS, military personal involved in vetting refugees, and have come to the conclusion that we need to review our procedures and policies. We have all heard the news reports that in conversation with certain government officials in the CIA and FBI that we cannot be sure if a person has ties to a terrorist organization or not. Our people overseas have done an unbelievable job, under the most difficult conditions in reviewing the applications of people wanting to come to this country. As President Obama did in 2011 when he stopped immigration from Iraq for six months in order to review our procedures, I am going to use his list of seven countries with strong ties to terrorist organizations, or are allowing such organizations to operate in the open in their country or are unable to stop such organizations to use their country as a military base, and temporarily stop immigration for a period of 120 days.
While I feel the pain these refugees are suffering, and I know how anxious they are to begin their new lives here in America, I cannot risk that some who desire to do us harm may slip in because we are not examining our systems. I am also ordering the review in order to find out if we can shorten the time it takes to complete the vetting process. Currently, 1 1/2 to 2 years is necessary to complete the process. I don’t want to rush to judgement, but I am asking our people to see if they can shorten the process.
This Order does not affect those with Green Cards or Work Visas and those who are already approved, but have not arrived into this country. If some applicants have extreme circumstances that require immediate processing, they will have their request reviewed on an individual basis. This is not a Ban on a religion, but on specific countries that I agree with President Obama we need to take extra special precautions before letting persons enter our Country.
I think this would have been a better approach than the one that was offered two days ago.
One of my brothers posted this TEST on Facebook. I was going to answer, but since he won’t speak to me already, I thought it best not to upset him anymore. So, take the TEST, and see if you agree with my guess.
“Take the following test. Read these 14 characteristics and guess the leader I am describing:
1. Powerful Nationalism
2. Identification of enemies as a unifying cause.
3. Supremacy of the Military
4. Rampant Sexism
5. Controlled Mass Media
6. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
7. Obsession with National Security
8. Religion and Government are intertwined
9. Corporate Power is Protected
10. Labor power is supressed
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
14. Fradulent Elections
“Political scientist Dr. Lawrence Britt wrote an article about fascism (“Fascism Anyone?,” Free Inquiry, Spring 2003, page 20). Studying the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia), and Pinochet (Chile), Dr. Britt found they all had 14 elements in common. He calls these the identifying characteristics of fascism. “
Happy Friday everyone!”
My guess: George Washington:
- Yup – he needed America to become strong and self reliant, not rely on Great Britain for any of our needs.
- Yup – he united every Colonist to rise up, take up arms and fight for our Country
- Yup – Duh, you think George figured we needed military supremacy to win the war?
- Sorry, he were old school, women didn’t fight, they loaded the guns and took care of the children – fortunately, times have changed around the world.
- Well, there wasn’t any, but I would bet if there was a newspaper that condemned our fight for Independence, George would have shut it down.
- Doesn’t really apply, but he was fighting for our human rights, and we needed to fight anyone that was against us. We fought an unconventional war, hid behind trees and shot and ran to another position; I’m sure the World viewed us as having distain for Human Rights, we didn’t fight according to the standards at the time – – –
- Yup – was George obsessed with our security, we went to War for our security.
- Yup – God appeared everywhere. He truly believed that we needed God’s help to win the war, and to be part of every aspect of our government. God is in Every document that America wrote; from Day One.
- Not too many corporations, but he did seek financial help from wealthy businessman.
- Not too sure how this might apply, we did ask for people to stop working and take up arms, we also started conscription, so, we showed military service was more important than staying at home and working.
- No, George was really interested in those area’s. Not all Fascists are exactly the same.
- Not sure what this means, did George believe in punishment that fits the crime, yes.
- Rampant, I think George relied upon people he knew and could trust. ( I think my little brother was thinking about all our current politicians).
- Does this mean that there are fraudulent elections, or does it mean paranoid about the possibility of this occurring? I think all government think about stopping voter fraud and political corruption – but not in George’s case, he didn’t want to become President, but agreed to when he was convinced that his country needed him.
So, do you agree with my guess?
As you read this article -Forget The Wall; There’s a Better Way; keep in mind they are playing politics, not telling the whole story. President Obama has tried for years to get Mexico to agree and work with the US to establish pre-clearance at the boarder, but to no avail. Perhaps if Mexico cooperated we wouldn’t even be talking about a wall. But illegal immigration benefits Mexico on many levels, so President Obama, couldn’t accomplish very much.
Different cultures that have different goals require different actions. And Action is all that counts. Talking and identifying a problem is only the first step – what is the action? We never hear of one, only that if we were nicer everyone would get along. Amazing to think that ten’s of thousands of Mexican citizens are murdered along the boarder and Mexico has done almost nothing to stop the bloodshed, except ask the United States for help. If we could stop some of the drugs form flowing into our country, that would reduce the killing because there would be less reason to “solidify” the cartel’s domains.
If building a Wall is the best action, albeit, not the perfect solution, I say Do It! Stop talking and acting like if you describe a problem that your a great leader and we should applaud your thoughts – I WANT Solutions!
I don’t know of any country in history that had a policy of Open Boarders. None. So, why is America not entitled to protect it’s boarder like every other country? The Canadian Prime Minister tweeted that “To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith,” Mr. Trudeau wrote on Twitter on Saturday afternoon. “Diversity is our strength.”
Sounds great, but that still means immigrants must meet certain standards, it’s not a free for all policy. And, I wonder what will happen after a few attacks happen in Canada? Perhaps the old saying, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” should apply.