I still hear TV commentators allude to the “fact” that Donald Trump won the election because he is a fear monger and people listened to him and were scared out of their wits and voted for him. Nothing could be farther from the truth. He won because of money!
Yup, MONEY! Look at the US voting map, and you can see those with jobs and enough income to live voted to keep the same old politicians in office. Those that are suffering financially voted for someone who addressed their issues. Hillary feels none of the pain American’s that can’t pay their bills feel. Even now she is totally oblivious to the millions who are afraid of their future. The only politician in the Dem’s Party is Bernie Sanders, who sort on understands, when he talked about people and money and stated, correctly, 50% of Americans near retirement age have NO significant savings. That fact scares the hell out of millions of people.
The Dem’s talk about problems, state they will fix them, get angry and emotional – and blame the other guys = = = and then it’s business as usual. Do nothing, wait until the press get’s tired of reporting the problem and then move onto the next big issue.
Dem’s state facts: the middle class is not keeping up with inflation; the middle class is shrinking; the middle class needs to be reeducated; the middle class needs more government assistance – – – – on and on; but we just had eight years of FAILURE.
- People see that the Obama Presidency didn’t help them.
- People see that Hillary didn’t even know they existed and offered nothing
- Donald Trump talked about their financial pain and offered solutions
- Even if Prez Trump is wrong, at least he will try
What did people do: I think they said to themselves: “If I can’t feed my family, put a roof over their heads and clothes on their backs – I’ll make a deal with the Devil himself if I have to”
One of my brothers posted this TEST on Facebook. I was going to answer, but since he won’t speak to me already, I thought it best not to upset him anymore. So, take the TEST, and see if you agree with my guess.
“Take the following test. Read these 14 characteristics and guess the leader I am describing:
1. Powerful Nationalism
2. Identification of enemies as a unifying cause.
3. Supremacy of the Military
4. Rampant Sexism
5. Controlled Mass Media
6. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
7. Obsession with National Security
8. Religion and Government are intertwined
9. Corporate Power is Protected
10. Labor power is supressed
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
14. Fradulent Elections
“Political scientist Dr. Lawrence Britt wrote an article about fascism (“Fascism Anyone?,” Free Inquiry, Spring 2003, page 20). Studying the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia), and Pinochet (Chile), Dr. Britt found they all had 14 elements in common. He calls these the identifying characteristics of fascism. “
Happy Friday everyone!”
My guess: George Washington:
- Yup – he needed America to become strong and self reliant, not rely on Great Britain for any of our needs.
- Yup – he united every Colonist to rise up, take up arms and fight for our Country
- Yup – Duh, you think George figured we needed military supremacy to win the war?
- Sorry, he were old school, women didn’t fight, they loaded the guns and took care of the children – fortunately, times have changed around the world.
- Well, there wasn’t any, but I would bet if there was a newspaper that condemned our fight for Independence, George would have shut it down.
- Doesn’t really apply, but he was fighting for our human rights, and we needed to fight anyone that was against us. We fought an unconventional war, hid behind trees and shot and ran to another position; I’m sure the World viewed us as having distain for Human Rights, we didn’t fight according to the standards at the time – – –
- Yup – was George obsessed with our security, we went to War for our security.
- Yup – God appeared everywhere. He truly believed that we needed God’s help to win the war, and to be part of every aspect of our government. God is in Every document that America wrote; from Day One.
- Not too many corporations, but he did seek financial help from wealthy businessman.
- Not too sure how this might apply, we did ask for people to stop working and take up arms, we also started conscription, so, we showed military service was more important than staying at home and working.
- No, George was really interested in those area’s. Not all Fascists are exactly the same.
- Not sure what this means, did George believe in punishment that fits the crime, yes.
- Rampant, I think George relied upon people he knew and could trust. ( I think my little brother was thinking about all our current politicians).
- Does this mean that there are fraudulent elections, or does it mean paranoid about the possibility of this occurring? I think all government think about stopping voter fraud and political corruption – but not in George’s case, he didn’t want to become President, but agreed to when he was convinced that his country needed him.
So, do you agree with my guess?
This is the question posed in CBS Miami headline. But the President already answered this weeks ago. Most of the knowledgeable and capable people are to be found in The Swamp. We must have people with backgrounds that will allow them to be effective. If there was ever a question about his intentions, just re-read his Inaugural Address. They Just Don’t Get It! First get elected, then hire the best people available for the job – try to overcome the Chuck Schumer’s in office who have stated they will oppose anything you try to do – and then make the changes we need to become Great Again.
As I watch the day coming tomorrow and read and watch how many “good americans” will be doing their best to disrupt and denigrate the Inauguration, I wonder who these people are trying to impress. I believe it’s themselves. The Inaug has become a social event, someplace to vent your anger, an opportunity to grab 15 minutes of fame. There is nothing to be gained by this process. In fact, the words spoken by the “demonstrators” will be about free will, freedom’s that need to be protected – – – – all of which they are doing themselves.
I doubt if the Protesters really know what they are talking about. If you asked them to point to a specific statement DT made, they would not know. It’s all about feeling. I dislike what DT says many times, but I have to concentrate on the positive as well or I’ll end up with an ulcer.
So, I wish everyone to have the best time and stay out of harms way. I’ll actually listen to what he says and watch what he does, not think about what nominee DT talked about – and keep my fingers and toes crossed.
New York Times 1/14/2017:
You Focus on the Good’: Women Who Voted for Trump, in Their Own Words
He spoke to the people, not at the people and he acknowledged their pain. So, as the article shows, Hillary didn’t even know they existed while The Donald talked solutions.
Ben Stein, a very smart guy just said on Fox News that he is against PE Donald Trump’s tweeting about specific companies that he is threatening with high duties if they move or open new plants in other countries. I agree. But – as so many do, he just thinks after the Inauguration, things will be the same. Nope, I think he is now in save mode. Trying to delay what has been business as usual with the current administration that does not appreciate the importance of manufacturing jobs to the US economy. After he becomes President he will work differently to keep and add to jobs.
They just don’t get it. Well, except for Bernie Sanders, of all people. He realizes that PE Trump spoke to the millions of Americas that are suffering financially at the hands of politicians who have ignored their pain for decades. East and West coast folks have been able to find work in tech and transportation (moving imported goods), while middle America is only finding lower paying jobs – when they can find them. More and more people “retire” early, leave the workforce and look for cash paying jobs that don’t get taxed and they are no longer listed as unemployed. But, all I want to say today is that two months after the election they still don’t get it.